Models NMME from SOURCES: the IRI/LDEO collection of climate data.
Datasets and variables
- When using the NMME data please cite the BAMS article describing the project (Kirtman et al. 2014) and in the acknowledgements please note that the NMME project and data dissemination is supported by NOAA, NSF, NASA and DOE. Please also acknowledge the help of CPC, IRI and NCAR personnel in creating, updating and maintaining the NMME archive.
- The NMME is an experimental research product
- The continued availability of the NMME products is contingent on research grant funding that has not yet been secured.
- The NMME phase I project is still in development. As such, some hindcasts from some models have not been completed. The NMME database will be updated as the missing hindcasts are completed.
- Real-time forecasts for the NMME began in August 2011
Kirtman, Ben P., and Coauthors, 2014: The North American Multimodel Ensemble: Phase-1 seasonal-to-interannual prediction; Phase-2 toward developing intraseasonal prediction. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 95, 585–601. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-12-00050.1
Last updated: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:27:00 GMT